Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

MichaelTH
Frequent Visitor

Notebook is not synced with Lakehouse

Hi,

I've deleted several rows from a lakehouse by writing Delete statement in notebook, and when I query it in notebook, the data is indeed deleted. But, when I open the lakehouse and preview the data, the supposed to be deleted data is still there. I also connect to the sql end point, and the data is also there. No matter how many times I run the notebook, the data in lakehouse doesn't appear to be synced with the activities in notebook.

Is there anything I am missing? I've refreshed lakehouse.

From notebook, the latest date is 1/11/2024.

MichaelTH_0-1705679475604.png

In the lakehouse, the latest date is 1/15/2024.

MichaelTH_1-1705679523526.png

3 REPLIES 3
v-nikhilan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MichaelTH 
Thanks for using Fabric Community.
I have tried to repro the above scenario and I was successful in deleting the rows. The changes were reflected at the SQL endpoint and also the lakehouse. I have attached the screenshots for your reference.

Before deleting the rows:

vnikhilanmsft_0-1705745110564.png

After deleting :

vnikhilanmsft_1-1705745177328.png

vnikhilanmsft_2-1705745207791.png

vnikhilanmsft_3-1705745254427.png

Please try to delete the rows again and check if you are facing the same issue. Try doing this in another lakehouse and check if the same issue exists. Please let us know if you have any further queries.

Hope this helps.

Hi @MichaelTH 
We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if your query got resolved. Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help.
Thanks

Hi @MichaelTH 
We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if your query got resolved. Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help.
Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Expanding the Synapse Forums

New forum boards available in Synapse

Ask questions in Data Engineering, Data Science, Data Warehouse and General Discussion.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayFBCUpdateCarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.