Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

govindarajan_d
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Dynamics 365 F&O - Fabric Integration

Hi All,

I am trying to integrate Dynamics 365 F&O data to Fabric. I replicated the entities in Dynamics 365 F&O to Dataverse. They come as virtual tables in Datavese. 

I am trying to use 'Link to Fabric' in Dataverse platform and shortcut in Fabric as well. But those do not replicate the virtual tables that had been brought to Dataverse.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
govindarajan_d
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi, I was able to figure out the integration steps.

1. Need to enable SQL row version tracking

2. Build indexes for the tables in AX DB

3. Build the solution again in Visual Studio which takes a good amount of time (> 3 hours)

4. And then perform Link to Fabric and then select the tables which you require to be replicated. 

The tables from D365 will be linked to a Fabric Lakehouse as a shortcut. There is one-to-one linkage. One D365 environment can be linked to only one Lakehouse. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
govindarajan_d
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi, I was able to figure out the integration steps.

1. Need to enable SQL row version tracking

2. Build indexes for the tables in AX DB

3. Build the solution again in Visual Studio which takes a good amount of time (> 3 hours)

4. And then perform Link to Fabric and then select the tables which you require to be replicated. 

The tables from D365 will be linked to a Fabric Lakehouse as a shortcut. There is one-to-one linkage. One D365 environment can be linked to only one Lakehouse. 

Hi @govindarajan_d 

Glad that you were able to find some insights and thank you for sharing the same with the community as it can be helpful to others.

Thanks.

v-cboorla-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @govindarajan_d 

Thanks for using Microsoft Fabric Community.
At this time, we are reaching out to the internal team to get some help on this. We will update you once we hear back from them.

Thanks 

Hi @govindarajan_d 

Apologize for the inconvenience that you are facing here and delay in response from my end.

Please reach out to our support team to gain deeper insights and explore potential solutions. It's highly recommended that you reach out to our support team. Their expertise will be invaluable in suggesting the most appropriate approach.

Please go ahead and raise a support ticket to reach our support team:

https://support.fabric.microsoft.com/support

After creating a Support ticket please provide the ticket number as it would help us to track for more information.

Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Expanding the Synapse Forums

New forum boards available in Synapse

Ask questions in Data Engineering, Data Science, Data Warehouse and General Discussion.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayFBCUpdateCarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.