Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Using Get-DataGatewayClusterDataSource in Powershell with Service Principal

Hi everyone !

I'm working on a project where we try to automatize the Gateways informations gathering. Make it non interactive.

For now, I successfully connnected to the service with the Connect-DataGatewayServiceAccount cmdlet with a SPN

Now my problem is when I try to get the Datasources in each cluster with the Get-DataGatewayClusterDataSource cmdlet, the result is empty and the following error returns :

>> TerminatingError(Get-DataGatewayClusterDatasource): "This cmdlet does not currently support service principals."

Do you know if ther's any workaround for this ? Because if we try to connect to the Gateways with a regular account, a first-party application pops for connecting the account, and it doesn't fit our need

Thanks in advance for any piece of advice !

2 REPLIES 2
RakeshSinghr
Resolver I
Resolver I

As it currently stands, using gateway commandlets with SPN is not possible.

You can only call them with an account having PBI Admin role

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @RakeshSinghr , thanks for your reply !

But then why does Connect-DatagatewayServiceAccount allows SPN ? Is there a chance that gateway cmdlets will be used with SPN in the future ?

Also, is there a workaround for this (Call an API ? Something else ? ) or to at least avoid the authentication window when connecting ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.