Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

KieranNZ
Frequent Visitor

Push Datasets GET Tables no table information

I've created a new Push Dataset using the documentation example request payload found here

KieranNZ_1-1711398238564.png

When calling GET https://api.powerbi.com/v1.0/myorg/groups/<groupID>/datasets/<datasetID>/tables

KieranNZ_0-1711398153552.png

However I'd expect to see this information...

KieranNZ_2-1711398473220.png

5 REPLIES 5
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

This API call Push Datasets - Datasets GetTablesInGroup - REST API (Power BI Power BI REST APIs) | Microsoft Learn

really only returns the table names.  You should be able to get the other details via Powershell.

Apologies, misread your response initially. So table details must be accessed via PowerShell cmdlets?

You didn't misread, I corrected my answer.

From my experiments with Push datasets that seems to be the case.

@lbendlin unfortunately the PowerShell script also returned no table information, just the name (using the PowerBI cmdlets).

I have taken a different path for solving my problem of replicating a core dataset for a subset of source data, using a combination of PBIX import and update parameters via the PowerBI REST API. For others interested, I won't describe it in detail but hopefully this screenshot will get you started...

KieranNZ_0-1712009945286.png

This doesn't resolve the original issue of no table info returning from API, so I will leave this post unsolved.

Ok, thank you. I will mark as accepted once I confirm my end. Appreciate the help

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.