Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

tylerbauer
Helper II
Helper II

Power BI Embedded - Making Report Fill Entire Screen

Hello, 

I am working with a project where I am trying to make the Power BI Report 100% of the screen. Currently, I am hosting the project with Microsoft Azure and importing Power BI Desktop files using Power BI Embedded. I am using the Embed Sample provided my Microsoft to make this happen - https://github.com/Azure-Samples/power-bi-embedded-integrate-report-into-web-app/

My problem is that I want to make the Power BI Report Iframe fill 100% of the page. I have limited experience with Visual Studio. Currently, it has other tabs that I do not want included. The first image is the current view of the report. The second image is the desired view of the report. 

I am trying to edit the Iframe in visual studio code (last image). What should I do? 2-5-2017VisualStudioCode.PNG2-5-2017CurrentIframe.PNG

Tyler2-5-2017DesiredIframe.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
AndyMcOwl

So I'm indebted to ChatGPT for this answer!  Here's my HTML:

<div class="Iframe"><iframe allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" height="100%" src="https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiNzA3OTEwZjMtODI0My00MWU3LWJlMjEtMGU4YjkwMmExNDgxIiwidCI6IjFiOWNlOTk2LWEwY2MtNDc4Yi1iMjM3LWNjNjUyMzFhNjZmYiIsImMiOjh9" title="20th anniverary report" width="100%"></iframe></div>

And here's the relevant CSS:

div.Iframe {

position: relative;
    padding-bottom: 56.25%; /* 16:9 Aspect Ratio (56.25% = 9/16 * 100) */
    margin: 3rem 5%;

iframe {
        border: 1px solid $grey;
        position: absolute;
        top: 0;
        left: 0;
        width: 100%;
        height: 100%;
    }
}

You can see this in action here (link goes live later today).

Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

Can you try to change the iframe style to 

<iframe style="position:absolute; height:100%; width:100%; border: none">

Thanks for the tip! Still good advice!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.