Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Asmasm
Frequent Visitor

Can we prefix and postfix the text in dynamic chart title using a measure?

Can we prefix and postfix the text in dynamic chart title using a measure?

I need to use a dynamic text which can change in database. We use the word "Event" some users use meeting or Traning etc  

So  i need display in  charts the headings as "New Event members" or "new event count" or "Event Contributions" etc for different charts, but some use Meeting instead of event or any custom text. 

I'm acheiving it but using a new measure for each chart. 

Is there any generic way to acheive it or can we prefix or postfix text in conditional formatting ?

8 REPLIES 8
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@lbendlin Thanks for your contribution on this thread.

Hi @Asmasm ,

Do you want to set a dynamic tile for the chart visual? If yes, you can refer the following links to get it.

Expression-based titles in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Chris Webb's BI Blog: Dynamic Chart Titles In Power BI 

How To Create Dynamic Chart Titles In Power BI 

vyiruanmsft_0-1715248268892.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for reply. I did this but the issue is that i need to prefix and postfix text there.

i have many chart and i'm using "client" term there now im using a seperate measure for each chart title. Is there any way to prefix and postfix text in condtional formatting or any other work around?

Hi @Asmasm ,

Could you provide clarity on the conditions necessitating the addition of these prefix or postfix text? It is better if you can give a specific example to explain your requirement. Thank you.

In addition, please create a measure as below and check if it can get your expected result...

Dynamic Title = "Prefix Text " & SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Client], "Default text") & " Postfix Text"

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Asmasm
Frequent Visitor

It has nothing to do with data. You can use ur own data and use any dynamic Title text

I cannot assist you if you are unable to provide sample data. I hope someone else can help you further.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please provide sample data that covers your issue or question completely, in a usable format (not as a screenshot).

Do not include sensitive information or anything not related to the issue or question.

If you are unsure how to upload data please refer to https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-...

Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

Want faster answers? https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447...

In nutshell we need to change the label clients in below charts with Agents or something which is being put by user in database. the client or agent is not fixed there may be any text.

Asmasm_0-1715062406194.png

Second request:Please provide sample data that covers your issue or question completely, in a usable format (not as a screenshot).

Do not include sensitive information or anything not related to the issue or question.

If you are unsure how to upload data please refer to https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-...

Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

Want faster answers? https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447...

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.