Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

alex-dataiku
Regular Visitor

Can not link my fabric capacity created in Azure portal

I have registered for a Fabric 60 days free trial.
I then created a Fabric capacity in Azure.
I can not find the capacity in Fabric's admin portal.
I have followed the path described in that post but I still can see the capacity in the portal.
Is the fact that I am connected with trial license preventing from accessing the capacity?
Is it because I am on a different tenant, even thought I used my organisation login in both services? How can I check the tenant in Fabric?

Thanks in advance for your help.

3 REPLIES 3
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @alex-dataiku ,

When you try out Fabric, it automatically creates a trial capacity that can be viewed in the Fabric admin. Please ensure that the account you are checking has admin permissions and remains within the same tenant. Different tenants will have separate trial capacities; each trial capacity belongs to a single tenant.

If you wish to check your current tenant, you can find it in the Azure portal.

Quickstart - Access and create new tenant - Microsoft Entra | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

I think I know what's the potential issue.
My account is linked to 2 different "organizations".
There's the default one and the second one in which I am a guest.
The second one is the one I use in Azure because I have more privileges and I am able to create Fabric capacity in the second one.
But in fabric from looking at the resources I have access to (apps and account I can list when sharing), it seems that I am "logged in" the default "organization". This might explain why I can't see the capacity in Fabric.
to resume:
- capacity in Azure create with the "secondary" organization

- logged in Fabric under the default organization

I have seen the ability to switch organization in Fabric (something similar to switching directories in Azure).

Can this be the cause of my issue?
Is there a way to switch "organization" in Fabric?

Thanks in advance.

Hello Liu,

Thank you for your answer.
I am to check the tenant in Azure.
But I am still no able to view my Fabric Capacity in the admin portal.
I used the same organization SSO to login both Azure portal and Fabric (and request a trial). But I am still not sure I am using the same tenant in Fabric.
I have recreated a capacity in Azure in the same region my trial one is located just in case. But it has no effect and I am still not able to see in fabric.

Thanks again for your help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.