Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

K_Bar
Regular Visitor

transfer Q&A synonyms from one file to another

Hi There,

I have updated the Q&A settings by adding the synonyms, some questions etc on a PBIX desktop file. I want to apply the same settings to another PBIX file rather than redoing all again. is there an easy way to do this?

THanks

3 REPLIES 3
Uzi2019
Super User
Super User

Hi @K_Bar 

Unfortunetly , There is no short cut way to apply the same setting in other pbix file. You have to do the all setting again in your other pbix file.

I hope I answered your question!

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!
K_Bar
Regular Visitor

Hi Jayleny

Thanks for the suggestion but am trying to apply the settings for another file with plenty of other changes and not a starting from scratch new project. 

v-jialongy-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @K_Bar 

Currently, Power BI Desktop does not provide a direct feature to export or import Q&A settings or synonyms between PBIX files.

You can try the following methods:

Template Approach: Save your configured PBIX file as a template. This template retains all the model metadata, including Q&A settings. You can then use this template to create a new PBIX file, which will inherit all the settings from the template. This method is useful if you're starting a new project and want to maintain consistency across files. For more information on templates, visit:Create and use report templates in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Jayleny

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.