Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

zervino
Frequent Visitor

"Filters on this visual" for multiple visuals

Is it possible to select multiple visuals in one page and apply the same "Filters on this visual" to them?

I have a page with multiple "Card" visuals (ie. each representing a different KPI), so around 80 cards in one page.

The page shows 10 KPIs for each LOB (8 LOBs are shown, but more exist).

So I would like to be able to select 10 cards and change the "Filter on this visual" for only those 10 cards and select a specific LOB.

Right now I have to go visual by visual modifying this filter, so 80 cards, which is time consuming. Sometimes I need to show data for different LOBs, so that means modifying many individual cards one by one.

2 REPLIES 2
chonchar
Helper V
Helper V

Couple ideas here:

You can create bookmarks and tie them to the cards; or

You can use the "Edit interactions" function. The edit interactions you can toggle on/off what filters/cards affect other.

Hope this helps,

Cam

The filter is on the right side, there is no slicer for it.

My problem is as an example:

zervino_0-1698773079808.png

Here I have two cards (but imagine the same page has many other cards with different filters), one shows volume and another revenue. I would like both cards to have the filter "Type" applied.  In this case I would have to click on each card and add the Type filter and select the filter value.

With two cards this is fine, but when I have 80 cards, I would like to apply the same filter to groups of 10 cards (so 10 cards have the same filters, but show different kpis: revenue, volume, net volume, profit, etc)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.