Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

PowerBiPeter

printing a single row of data to a label printer

Can I please get some guidance on what visualization I would use to filter to a single row, then print several fields of data onto a label? (E.g., a 4x4 inche  avery label)

Thank you,

Peter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PowerBiPeter ,

To filter to a single row and print several fields of data onto a label in Power BI, you can use the following steps:

• Create a table or matrix visual from your data source and add the fields you want to print as values.
  • Use a slicer or a filter pane to select the row that matches your criteria. For example, if you want to filter by name, you can use a slicer with the name field and select the name you want.
  • Export the filtered visual to a PDF file by selecting the ellipsis icon (…) on the top-right corner of the visual and choosing Export to PDF.
  • Open the PDF file and adjust the print settings to match your label size and layout.

Filter by values in a column - Power Query | Microsoft Learn

Filters and highlighting in Power BI reports - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Format filters in Power BI reports - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

If I have misunderstood your meaning, please provide more details.

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rongtie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PowerBiPeter ,

To filter to a single row and print several fields of data onto a label in Power BI, you can use the following steps:

• Create a table or matrix visual from your data source and add the fields you want to print as values.
  • Use a slicer or a filter pane to select the row that matches your criteria. For example, if you want to filter by name, you can use a slicer with the name field and select the name you want.
  • Export the filtered visual to a PDF file by selecting the ellipsis icon (…) on the top-right corner of the visual and choosing Export to PDF.
  • Open the PDF file and adjust the print settings to match your label size and layout.

Filter by values in a column - Power Query | Microsoft Learn

Filters and highlighting in Power BI reports - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Format filters in Power BI reports - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

If I have misunderstood your meaning, please provide more details.

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rongtie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

PhilipTreacy
Super User
Super User

Hi @PowerBiPeter 

You could use several visuals to display a single row e.g. a table or matrix. 

You then want to print the fields (columns) from that row onto a label?

Need more info from you as to what exactly you want to do and please supply your file/data.

Phil

Did I answer your question? Then please mark my post as the solution.
If I helped you, click on the Thumbs Up to give Kudos.

Blog :: YouTube Channel :: Connect on Linkedin

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.