Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

filter on less and equal to values

Hi,

In a source table I have a field that contains a number between 1 and 50.

In a page I want to show its records using a table vizualisation.

I want to use a slicer with the values 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, ..., 50

If I select e.g. the value 20 in the slicer, then in the table I get all records with the number 1 to 20

If I select e.g. the value 35 in the slicer, then in the table I get all records with the number 1 to 35

etc.

I tried to add a new column =(TRUNC((number-1)/5)+1)*5, but selecting 20 in the slicer, then in the table I get only the records with number 16 to 20, selecting 35 in the slicer, then in the table I get only the records with number 31 to 35

I tried to use a new table where I typed in the values 5, 10, 15, 20, ... , 50 and use this for the slicer. And I added a filter where number should be less or equal the selected value in the slicer. The filter doesn't work: all records are shown.

How can I solve this problem?

Thanks

R.W.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Based on my test, we can create a measure as below and filter the measure in the table visual. Then we can get the result as we excepted.

Measure = IF(MAX(Source[column])<=SELECTEDVALUE(Table1[Number]),1,0)

Capture.PNG

For more details, please check the pbix as attached.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xhutcz72c86tjiq/filter%20on%20less%20and%20equal%20to%20values.pbix?dl=0

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Based on my test, we can create a measure as below and filter the measure in the table visual. Then we can get the result as we excepted.

Measure = IF(MAX(Source[column])<=SELECTEDVALUE(Table1[Number]),1,0)

Capture.PNG

For more details, please check the pbix as attached.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xhutcz72c86tjiq/filter%20on%20less%20and%20equal%20to%20values.pbix?dl=0

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi, I have a similar problem. I am actually not following what is the Table1[Number] so wanted to check the file. Can you please reattach the pbix file? It is throwing a 404 error when I tried to use the dropbox link you provided.
Hoping for a reply from you 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.