Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

OlegV
Helper III
Helper III

cannot create a calculated column with groupby, summarize, summarizecolumns

Hello,

I am stuck with the code, please help me.

I am createing a calculated table using variables. At a certain step, I need to group leftjoined tables and create a calculated column "ActualDeliveryDate". The aim is populate the "ActuralDeliveryDate" column with the maximum delivery date for each SalesOrder, but only if there are no blank delivery dates for that SalesOrder. If there are any blank delivery dates, it replaces them with BLANK() using this code

"ActuralDeliveryDate",if(COUNTROWS(FILTER(join_tab,[SalesOrder] = EARLIER([SalesOrder]) && ISBLANK([ActualDeliveryDate]))) > 0, BLANK(),MAXX(CURRENTGROUP(),[ActualDeliveryDate])

1) when I use a groupby function, it does not work,
2) when I use summarise function, it works, but this code does not sum correctly.

"TotalQty", CALCULATE(SUMX(join_tab,[Quantity]))

SUMX is summing up all the rows in the join_tab, not considering the context in which it's being called.

3) when I use summarisecolumns function, it does not work, because group_colums are not qualified

I really do no know what to do. Please help me.

HERE IS A LINK TO A SAMPLE PBI FILE on my onedrive
sample.pbix

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
OlegV
Helper III
Helper III

Here is a working solution:

var group_tab =
 ADDCOLUMNS(
SUMMARIZE(
    join_tab,
    [SalesOrder],
    [OrderDate]),
    "TotalQty", SUMX(FILTER(join_tab,[SalesOrder] = EARLIER([SalesOrder])),[Quantity]),
    "ActuralDeliveryDate",if(COUNTROWS(FILTER(join_tab,[SalesOrder] = EARLIER([SalesOrder]) && ISBLANK([ActualDeliveryDate]))) > 0, BLANK(),MAXX(FILTER(join_tab,[SalesOrder] = EARLIER([SalesOrder]),[ActualDeliveryDate])
)
)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
OlegV
Helper III
Helper III

Here is a working solution:

var group_tab =
 ADDCOLUMNS(
SUMMARIZE(
    join_tab,
    [SalesOrder],
    [OrderDate]),
    "TotalQty", SUMX(FILTER(join_tab,[SalesOrder] = EARLIER([SalesOrder])),[Quantity]),
    "ActuralDeliveryDate",if(COUNTROWS(FILTER(join_tab,[SalesOrder] = EARLIER([SalesOrder]) && ISBLANK([ActualDeliveryDate]))) > 0, BLANK(),MAXX(FILTER(join_tab,[SalesOrder] = EARLIER([SalesOrder]),[ActualDeliveryDate])
)
)

AnalyticPulse
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@OlegV 

Instead of trying to directly calculate the ActualDeliveryDate in a calculated table using variables, you might consider using measures to dynamically calculate it based on the context of your visuals.

can you provide sample data fo reference.

Learn Power BI free:

https://analyticpulse.blogspot.com

Learn Power BI free

DAX Functions

Powerbi Visualisation

@AnalyticPulse 

here is a link to sample pbi file 
sample.pbix

I will not use this calculate table in any visual in power bi desktop. I will paste it to Powerbi report builder, and create a report.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.