Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

usuario112
Frequent Visitor

big database

Hi,

i have like 50 tables in a database, my main idea is extracting specific data to make calculations from it but the problem is the data is spread in like 6 tables totally apart from each other, and other problem is i cant just mix those tables bcs they dont have a direct correlation to match their info, for example: i have the table user and the table career, the career just have an identification and career name and user just have their personal info and their identification so i cant prove wich career belongs to who.

what im asking for is wich can be a good practice to manipulate the tables (one table can easily reach 2m rows), do i have to create a new table through dax code? or just mix most of the tables i need or get the data through measures? i dont really know how to filter a lot of data from differents tables to get just one result (for example the user and his career) to later make calculations.

thx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @usuario112 ,

do you have access to create views in the database? If yes, then this would be my preferred approach.

Otherwise I would load the data in a dataflow and then you can do the operations there.

If you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

Blog: WhatTheFact.bi
Follow me: twitter.com/DenSelimovic

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @usuario112 ,

do you have access to create views in the database? If yes, then this would be my preferred approach.

Otherwise I would load the data in a dataflow and then you can do the operations there.

If you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

Blog: WhatTheFact.bi
Follow me: twitter.com/DenSelimovic

@selimovd i'll check that, thanks a lot

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.