Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

nrosewarne
Frequent Visitor

Working with multiple fiscal calendars

Hello,

I am working with 3 seperate calendars; 

Standard EOYMonth = 12

Fiscal 1 EOYMonth = 3

Fiscal 2 EOYMonth =9

What I hope to be able to do is use one slicer at the top of a report page to select (single select only) the calendar that the user wants to view. Then from that selection limit which Date Hierachy will be used in a subsequent slicer. I hope that I will be able to use the "Hierarchy Slicer" (https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104380820?tab=Overview) as the second slicer. 

I have tried using multiple calendar tables, one table with all calendars and have not had any success thus far. Any suggestions from the community are greatly appreciated, or any thoughts I may have overlooked

Thanks,

Nick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nrosewarne ,

I find something interesting. Can this help you?

Create Dynamic Periods for Fiscal or Calendar Dates in Power BI

fiscal-calendar-change1.gif

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nrosewarne ,

I find something interesting. Can this help you?

Create Dynamic Periods for Fiscal or Calendar Dates in Power BI

fiscal-calendar-change1.gif

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@Icey  Thank you for sharing this, at a glance it does seem like this will put me on the right track for solving the users needs. Unfortunately the task I was working on at the time was a non-critical convenience request, and as I have just started my 4 week sprint I won't have time to look at that work item again for about a month. I look forward to being able to add this functionality to many of my reports in the future.

Thanks again for your help!

Regards,

Nick

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nrosewarne ,

One workaround which may meet your requirements:

1. Create a slicer table which is independent of other tables.

slicertable.PNG

2. Create 3 measures. Refer to this blog: Show or Hide a Power BI Visual Based on Selection.

Make Transparent 1 = IF ( SELECTEDVALUE ( Slicer[Calendar] ) = "Calendar 1", "#FFFFFF00", "White" )
Make Transparent 2 = IF ( SELECTEDVALUE ( Slicer[Calendar] ) = "Calendar 2", "#FFFFFF00", "White" )
Make Transparent 3 = IF ( SELECTEDVALUE ( Slicer[Calendar] ) = "Calendar 3", "#FFFFFF00", "White" )

3. Create a blank measure and create a card using it.

Measure = BLANK()

4. Set conditional background of the card.

cond1.jpgcond.PNG

5. Result.

slicer222.PNG

PBIX file attached.

Best Regards,

Icey

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.