Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

DDDDD
Frequent Visitor

Why can't power bi connect to Site Assets on SharePoint?

Someone has placed excel files in the SharePoint "Site Assets" library, for example "https://company.sharepoint.com/sites/department/SiteAssets/SitePages/TeamFolder/Data.xlsx"

This isn't where files should be stored, but that's where they are and I need to connect to the data in the excel file. But when connecting to the SharePoint site from Power BI it doesn't include this library, all files from other parts of the site appear but not from Site Assets.

Before I go back to them and re-arrange their file locations, I'd like to know if I'm missing something and is there a way to connect to the files in this Site Assets?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Remember that you can substitute SharePoint.Files for SharePoint.Contents  which gives you full visibility (at the cost of manual navigation)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Remember that you can substitute SharePoint.Files for SharePoint.Contents  which gives you full visibility (at the cost of manual navigation)

mh2587
Super User
Super User

Use sharePoint Folder or web in get data

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

LinkedIn Icon
Muhammad Hasnain

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.