Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Git
Frequent Visitor

Visual Calculations

Hi, I am trying to achieve sum at grandtotal level, Reason is I want to Apply conditional formating on total level as well for a matrix visual, But I am not able to get data only at grand total level but getting it after every column, is there a way so that I dont show calculation where blank is there:

Git_0-1708494447548.png

Here is the calculation I was trying:

Git_1-1708494495820.png

2 REPLIES 2
Git
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-yilong-msft ,

Thanks for reply & sharing the documentation, the problem with this approach is we can't independently format Grand total like we can do in charticulator (As here we want to do comparision amongst grand totals only). Here the Min and Max values are to set mannually which is not very helpful plus the Background color formatting applies on all values and grand total as a whole which is not very intuitive for a Report user, as why would one want to compare lowest granularity (Day level data) with Totals (Month Level Data) for e.g. .

It would be greate if we could add data bars at Grand total Level.

v-yilong-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Git ,

Based on your problems, here are my answers.

You can apply conditional formatting rules to totals and subtotals in both table and matrix visuals. You can also read this document for the further study: Apply conditional table formatting in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

However, you must manually set the thresholds and ranges for conditional formatting rules under Minimum and Maximum instead of using the lowest and highest values based on the measure you provide.

Use a measure to dynamically set the limits for conditional formatting isn’t directly supported now.

To achieve conditional formatting specifically at the grand total level, consider collapsing the entire level in the Matrix Row Hierarchy. Conditional formatting won’t be visible on the parent level of the hierarchy if any child level is expanded. Close all child levels to see the formatting applied to the grand total.

Best Regards

Yilong Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.