Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

nonoliempbi

Update notifications.

I donot get the updates nitifications anymore when openening Power BI. The tab display update notification remains grey so I can not set it on. Need advise in this matter. And how to fix so that when openening Power BI desktop I see the update notifications as usual.

Thanks in advance for your advise

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
bchager6
Super User
Super User

@nonoliempbi  You're not seeing this? Have you tried reinstalling Power BI?

bchager6_0-1713110811957.png

View solution in original post

v-junyant-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nonoliempbi ,

@bchager6 Thanks for your concern about this case!
Whether this button is optional and whether Desktop notifies you of the need to update depends on how your Power BI Desktop was downloaded.
Next are the results of my tests:

If I do the download from the official Microsoft store, the Desktop I get will always be the latest version. Whenever a new version is released, your Desktop will be updated automatically, without you having to update it manually. At the same time, this option will be grayed out and you will not receive any update notifications.

vjunyantmsft_0-1713245118141.png

If I download from the official website (from this link :Download Microsoft Power BI Desktop from Official Microsoft Download Center) then I get Desktop as the latest version at that time, but this is not automatically updated, you need to do a manual update when a new version is released. You will be prompted for an update and this option can be set.

vjunyantmsft_1-1713245457339.png

vjunyantmsft_2-1713245484299.png

Best Regards,
Dino Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-junyant-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nonoliempbi ,

@bchager6 Thanks for your concern about this case!
Whether this button is optional and whether Desktop notifies you of the need to update depends on how your Power BI Desktop was downloaded.
Next are the results of my tests:

If I do the download from the official Microsoft store, the Desktop I get will always be the latest version. Whenever a new version is released, your Desktop will be updated automatically, without you having to update it manually. At the same time, this option will be grayed out and you will not receive any update notifications.

vjunyantmsft_0-1713245118141.png

If I download from the official website (from this link :Download Microsoft Power BI Desktop from Official Microsoft Download Center) then I get Desktop as the latest version at that time, but this is not automatically updated, you need to do a manual update when a new version is released. You will be prompted for an update and this option can be set.

vjunyantmsft_1-1713245457339.png

vjunyantmsft_2-1713245484299.png

Best Regards,
Dino Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

bchager6
Super User
Super User

@nonoliempbi  You're not seeing this? Have you tried reinstalling Power BI?

bchager6_0-1713110811957.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.