Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unsupported percentile

Hi community!

I'm trying to calculate how much data megabyte use include the top 20% users/account.

I have a table with all kinds of data_MB values in one column, and to calculate the 80th precentile I did:

11.png

This measure brought me a value of 1136. Since I need to compare what values are above 1136 in the data_MB column, I calculated an IF-statement to see what accounts use more than 1136 MB, see picture in the DAX-bar. But when putting that value into the table it gives me an error as shown in the picture. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

12.png

When doing an IF-statement without the percentile formula, see picture below, the table works.

13.png

Also, when removing the accountid from the table the original IF-statement works. Could it mabye be a dimention thing? 

4.png

Many thanks,

Alice

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Your current [Perc] is a measure right? If so, it should be calculated on the whole table rather than on every accountid. When you add accountid column to the table visual, the [Perc] is evaluated for every acountid so it couldn't return the correct result. Instead, you can try the following measure

test =
IF (
    SUM ( 'table'[data_MB] ) > CALCULATE ( [Perc], ALLSELECTED ( 'Table' ) ),
)

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Your current [Perc] is a measure right? If so, it should be calculated on the whole table rather than on every accountid. When you add accountid column to the table visual, the [Perc] is evaluated for every acountid so it couldn't return the correct result. Instead, you can try the following measure

test =
IF (
    SUM ( 'table'[data_MB] ) > CALCULATE ( [Perc], ALLSELECTED ( 'Table' ) ),
)

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi again!

It works, thank you so much for your help 🙂

Best regards,

Alice

Takk du!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.