Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

cplee
Frequent Visitor

Unable to Connect a semantic model

Screenshot 2024-01-02 175155.png

i was getting a semantic model data from PowerBI service which i published, but the once i get data the PowerBI desktop just crashed, sometime it works but most of the time my PowerBI desktop just crashed even i wait hours.

3 REPLIES 3
PijushRoy
Super User
Super User

Hi @cplee 

What is the size of the dataset?
What is the datasource? Direct Query for Import mode?
Are there enough space in your C Drive or Drive in which Power BI software installed?
Are you using any custom visual?
Please run Performance Analyser for each page in your main Dataset file. If any DAX or visual takes more time, you should optimize.

If everything are ok, can you please try to uninstall Power BI desktop and installed the latest version of Power BI desktop. Then open the main Power BI Dataset and check are there any error for version or any error for Custom visual.

Please check above item and reply.

If solved, please mark as SOLUTION

Thanks
Pijush

PijushRoy
Super User
Super User

Hi @cplee 

Please try to remove Power BI desktop file history and catch, then restart the system and try again.

PijushRoy_0-1704190458804.png

If not solve, please reply back

If solved, please mark as SOLUTION

Thanks
Pijush

it works on the first and second trials, but when i try the third time, the PowerBI desktop crashes.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.