Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

E_K_
Helper II
Helper II

USERELATIONSHIP Function so user only needs to use one slicer with RANKX values

Hi there,

I',m trying to write a measure that ensures ALL values in both the 'Release Success Data'[Combined Distinct Clients] and 'Incidents'[Client] columns are used as the pretext for ranking measures that calculate rankings in each dataset.

Ideally I'd like to be able to consolidate both values into one visual but can't quite get the DAX to work. I have an indirect (Many-Many - no option with that here) relationship betwen 'Release Success Data' and 'Incidents' on the 2 client columns however don't quite know how to adjust that into my RANKX measures for Release Success.

what I have for
"Incident Volume" 

Incident Volume Rank =
                    RANKX(ALL('Incidents'[Client]), [Incidents per client], ,DESC)  
What I currently have for Release Success ranking among clients:
Rank Succcess =
       RANKX(ALL('Release Success Data'[Combined Distinct Clients]), [R.Success Rate] ,,ASC)

What I need is some kind of activitation in the Rank Succcess measure to activate the relationship to make PowerBI understand I want to really use ALL('Incidents'[Client]) at the start of that measure rather than referring to another column. 

I am unable to use a bridge table as I have the Dates column connecting the 2 tables in the way to prevent us to be able to consolidate the clients into one - even in that scenario I need to activate the indirect relationships anyways so need to know how to figure that in my DAX.

Give me a shout if you have more questions
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
E_K_
Helper II
Helper II

Hi I figured it out myself. Thanks

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
E_K_
Helper II
Helper II

Hi I figured it out myself. Thanks

jkneazle
Frequent Visitor

Hi there!

May I ask what the solution was? I'm currently having a similar issue and would appreciate it if you could share the solution! 

v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @E_K_ 

Can you provide more sample data for testing? Sensitive information can be removed in advance. What kind of expected results do you expect? You can also show it with pictures or Excel.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.