Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

JLYT
Frequent Visitor

URGENT HELP!! I keep getting error on duplicate value

Hi,

I keep getting the below error when refreshing the data. However, when I look at the table in Power Query, the whole column is unique. The database that I am pulling from is also saying there is no duplicate record. Does anyone know how to fix this please?
contact

Column '_id' in Table 'contact' contains a duplicate value '64c026eebe0e216b3cec7552' and this is not allowed for columns on the one side of a many-to-one relationship or for columns that are used as the primary key of a table.
Thanks
Jennifer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AbhinavJoshi
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hello @JLYT. In power query editor, right click on the column (_id), and remove duplicates. To be on the safe side, after that click on Remove Errors. Ensure that you have these options enabled as they can help you identify unique/error values. Hope it helps! 

AbhinavJoshi_1-1690392508998.png

AbhinavJoshi_0-1690392445640.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AbhinavJoshi
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hello @JLYT. In power query editor, right click on the column (_id), and remove duplicates. To be on the safe side, after that click on Remove Errors. Ensure that you have these options enabled as they can help you identify unique/error values. Hope it helps! 

AbhinavJoshi_1-1690392508998.png

AbhinavJoshi_0-1690392445640.png

Syk
Super User
Super User

In Power Query, right click the _id column and deduplicate. It should fix your issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.