Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Two colour palettes for two different charts in one report

Hi,

Is it possible to have two different colour palettes for two different charts in the same report in Power BI? Or does the palette have to apply to the full report?

Many thanks,

Chirag

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

You cannot use multiple themes in a report, but we can use multiple themes in a dashboard. When you pin the visualizations from the report, you can keep current theme or use destination theme.

For more details, please refer to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-dashboard-pin-tile-from-report#pin-a-tile-from-a-report

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,

We can change the color of chart by changing the data color in the screenshot below:

Untitled picture1.png

Even we can set the color of visual through conditional format :

Untitled picture2.pngUntitled picture3.png

Please refer to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-conditional-table-formatting

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thank you for the replies. Essentially I have two bar charts which show similar but different quantities but with the fact that the same colours are chosen for the charts indicates visually that they may be the same, which is confusing. 

@v-deddai1-msft - thanks for the info; I was aware that you could manually set the colours. Unfortunately, the report I have shows data points for more than 50 groups, each with a set of bars in the graph. I don't want to have to change all the colours by hand, which is why I was asking if I could just use a different theme to avoid the confusion I mentioned above.

It doesn't sound like this is possible in Power BI, so I will try something else as workaround. Thanks for your help.

Hi @Anonymous ,

You cannot use multiple themes in a report, but we can use multiple themes in a dashboard. When you pin the visualizations from the report, you can keep current theme or use destination theme.

For more details, please refer to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-dashboard-pin-tile-from-report#pin-a-tile-from-a-report

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

The palette applies to the entire report. I assume you are talking about a theme, right? But, you can change colors for a visualization to have any custom colors that you want.

Follow on LinkedIn
@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.