Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

acaryasin
Frequent Visitor

Trouble Identifying Source of "Filters and Slicers Affecting This Visual"

Hello Power BI community,

I am currently working on a Power BI report, and I am encountering an issue with a visual that is displaying the message "Filters and slicers affecting this visual." Despite my efforts, I have been unable to pinpoint the exact source of these filters and slicers.

I have tried the following steps:

1. Checked applied filters and slicers on the current page.
  2. Reviewed report-level and page-level filters.
  3. Examined interactions and cross-filtering configurations.
  4. Cleared filters and slicers one by one to identify the culprit.

Despite these efforts, the source of the filters affecting the visual remains elusive. Could someone provide guidance on how to effectively trace and locate these filters? Additionally, has anyone else encountered a similar issue and found a resolution?

Any insights or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @acaryasin ,

Please check these filters in turn.

vcgaomsft_0-1700200607195.png

Types of filters in Power BI reports - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Here's a similar question. (Check for any hidden slicers)
Solved: Determine which filters/slicers affects a visualis... - Microsoft Fabric Community
Solved: Filter remains after removing Synced Slicer from a... - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly --  How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @acaryasin ,

Please check these filters in turn.

vcgaomsft_0-1700200607195.png

Types of filters in Power BI reports - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Here's a similar question. (Check for any hidden slicers)
Solved: Determine which filters/slicers affects a visualis... - Microsoft Fabric Community
Solved: Filter remains after removing Synced Slicer from a... - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly --  How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum

acaryasin
Frequent Visitor

The visual in question is a slicer where I observe the message "Filters and Slicers Affecting This Visual."

Regardless of any visuals when I apply the same slicer/filter on a blank page, I notice that there is no filtered data.

Any insights or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Did you checked the sync slicer ? maybe there is some slicer affecting all  the report. it's kinda difficult to debug the problem without PBIX file. 

AnalyticPulse
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

will you be more specific which visual you're talking about and also share the error message, 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.