Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Too many arguments were passed to the FILTER function, errpr appears when refreshing dataset

Hi fellows,

Im experiencing a weird error when trying to update the dataset. "Too many arguments were passed to the FILTER function. The maximum argument count for the function is 2."

Where can't find those filters?, Have a deadline for Monday, your guidance will be highly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Ana.

pbiERROR.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-zhenbw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please check if the data type of the data source is supported by Power BI.

Try avoiding columns with special characters, or choose Global Permissions and clean any permissions not used.

Too1.jpg

And Please refer if this solved post is helpful to you.

If you have any question, please kindly ask here and we will try to resolve it.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ zhenbw

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-zhenbw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please check if the data type of the data source is supported by Power BI.

Try avoiding columns with special characters, or choose Global Permissions and clean any permissions not used.

Too1.jpg

And Please refer if this solved post is helpful to you.

If you have any question, please kindly ask here and we will try to resolve it.

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

This looks like you have a DAX Calculated Column that refreshes after the data loads from the queries (but still causes your error).  It has a FILTER() function in it with more than one term.  Perhaps you need to make it a single term using AND() or OR() or && or ||.

If this works for you, please mark it as the solution.  Kudos are appreciated too.  Please let me know if not.

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

Hello I have the same problem with calculated column: 

Measure 2 = SWITCH(TRUE(),
MAX('Regulatory Tracker'[Date Difference]>0 && MAX('Regulatory Tracker'[Date Difference])<=15,"red",
MAX('Regulatory Tracker'[Date Difference])>15 && MAX('Regulatory Tracker'[Date Difference])<=30,"yellow",
MAX('Regulatory Tracker'[Date Difference])>30 && MAX('Regulatory Tracker'[Date Difference])<=60,"blue",
MAX('Regulatory Tracker'[Date Difference])>60 && MAX('Regulatory Tracker'[Date Difference])<=90,"green",
MAX('Regulatory Tracker'[Date Difference])>90,"green"))
Error: Too many arguments were passed to the MAX function. The maximum argument count for the function is 2.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!, thanks for your reply.

I don't have calculated columns on this table.

@Anonymous , Please open Edit Query/data Transformation Mode. There you will be able to see an error in yellow. Click on the table and see what error it shows.

DO you have parameters for source if yes, just check if you are passing more values there?

Hello I have the same problem with calculated column: 

Measure 2 = SWITCH(TRUE(),
MAX('Regulatory Tracker'[Date Difference]>0 && MAX('Regulatory Tracker'[Date Difference])<=15,"red",
MAX('Regulatory Tracker'[Date Difference])>15 && MAX('Regulatory Tracker'[Date Difference])<=30,"yellow",
MAX('Regulatory Tracker'[Date Difference])>30 && MAX('Regulatory Tracker'[Date Difference])<=60,"blue",
MAX('Regulatory Tracker'[Date Difference])>60 && MAX('Regulatory Tracker'[Date Difference])<=90,"green",
MAX('Regulatory Tracker'[Date Difference])>90,"green"))
Error: Too many arguments were passed to the MAX function. The maximum argument count for the function is 2.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @amitchandak I wrote a long reply to you, all deleted when clicking submit, this error appeared, long story short, all columns in all tables were in green, but sliding down the issues reports I found this mistake 0x80040E4E, and little by little was able to figure out what to correct on my data source, this was not intuitive at all.

An Unexpected Error has occurred.
  • Your request failed. Please contact your system administrator and provide the date and time you received the error and this Exception ID: 37FF74E2.

Click your browser's Back button to continue.

Hi @Anonymous ,

How about the result after you follow the suggestions mentioned in my original post?
Could you please provide more details or expected result about it If it doesn't meet your requirement?

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.