Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Danny2020
Regular Visitor

Time Intelligence last year measure - quarterly amounts

Hello,

I have a large table with quarterly amounts like this:

Desc 1Desc 2Desc 3Desc 4Desc 5Desc 6YearQuarterDateActual
AAABBBCCCDDDEEEFFF2012Q13/31/2012xxx
AAABBBCCCDDDEEEFFF2012Q26/30/2012xx

I calculated the date column in Power Query, to show the last date for each quarter. This date has a relationship with a calendar table.

I tried to create a measure in DAX to calculate the last year (2011) amount for each quarter. I have complete data for each of the  quarters in 2011 and with the same values from Desc 1 to Desc 6 (description). However, because I don't have daily data, the measure returns empty value. 

How to create a measure in DAX to show last year - last quarter for each line?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Danny2020
Regular Visitor

Hi @amitchandak 

Thank you for your reply. I previously tried to use the time intelligence measures you mentioned but they are returning blank. I think the reason is that the data is available only for the end of each quarter, e.g. (3/31/2012), (6/30/20212), so it is not time continuous.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Danny2020 , Join the date of your table with the date of a date table. It should be marked as a date table. You need to use the field from the date table in measure, visual and slicer.

You can try measure like

Year behind Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),dateadd('Date'[Date],-1,Year))
Year behind Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR('Date'[Date]))

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.