Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Irek
Helper II
Helper II

Sum of last month by default plus sum of selected months

Hi, 

I'm struggling with calculation that will show on card sum of values from last month by defeault or for selected months if they are selected. I don't have a problem with last month value and also everything works fine when I choose one month. but when I'm choosing two or more months I'm getting value just for last month in selection. for example if I choose Jan and Feb I will get value from Feb and I need to see Jan value plus Feb value. 

my calculation: 

calculation =
VAR maxDate=CALCULATE(MAX('table'[date]),ALLSELECTED(table'))
RETURN
IF(MAX('tabler'[date])=maxDate,
CALCULATE(
sum('table'[value]),
FILTER(
ALLSELECTED('All Worker'),
'table'[date]=maxDate
)
)
)

thank you
Marcin
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

you need to use ISFILTERED. See attached.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Irek
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @lbendlin , 

DateSell

My last month in example data is May. Goal is to see in the card last month sell by defeault when user open dashboard, for these case 11, but when user will choose different month card should include that , March 10. 

it should also sum sale when user choose few months, for example February and March should give 22. 

I know how to show all sum of all sale by deafult and then filtered months or how to show latest but don't know how to join both calculation in one. 

Thank you

Marcin 

you need to use ISFILTERED. See attached.

Thank you @lbendlin

Your calculation helped me a lot, but there was another isue, I had date filter (last 12 months) on whole page, that why even when I cleared the slicer card was showing "whole' sum of sales 🙂

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please provide sample data that covers your issue or question completely, in a usable format (not as a screenshot).
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-Forum/ba-...
Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447523

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.