Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Vishnu1995
Helper I
Helper I

Stacked bar chart Centered around middle of largest bar

Hi,
Have anyone seen this visual before? The centre line is placed as the middle of the largest bar. Is this possible in Power BI?

Colors refer to two different categories.

Vishnu1995_0-1706677498880.png

4 REPLIES 4
danextian
Super User
Super User

Hi @Vishnu1995 ,

I dont think there is a native visual that supports that. You can achieve a similar but not the same effect with the bar chart by make the value of one of the categories negative but the center line won't be at the middle of the largest bar. The tornado visual can achieve a similar effect but as with the stack bar, the line won't be at the middle of the largest bar.  You might  have a better luck with Deneb visual but requires you to learn Vega or Vega-lite languages to customize it.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.

What about the case when bar are oriented such that the centre line passes right through it's middle, as shown in the image?

Hi @Vishnu1995 ,

This is the closest you can get with either visuals. The line will not pass through the middle of the whole bar

danextian_0-1706756660687.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.

What about the case when bar are oriented such that the centre line passes right through it's middle, as shown in the image?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.