Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

cuongle
Advocate II
Advocate II

Show Date in Table

I am not sure that I understand how table represents the Date Type. I just drag and drop Expiry Time and it shows me as below, what I want is to show ExpireDate in single column with format dd/MM/yyyy. That's it.

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ashishrj
Power Participant
Power Participant

@cuongle Follow steps as given below instead of selecting Date Hierarchy. And date format you can set it in model. Hope this helps !

Date_Hierarchy.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
mathewthewise

This is the second time I am back to the topic. When On-object interaction is on, there is absolutely no intution into it. It should take 5 seconds - instead it takes 15-30minutes to become aware of the problems coming from it (DAX calculates differently!!! - perhaps a bug in itself!) and then the searching the solution.

Fix it or get more topics on the forum for it. I think it was overlooked by the devs.

ishazel
Frequent Visitor

Instructions for 2023:

In your table visual, when you click on the visual icons pop up on the right side, but one also pops up on the left side. Click the one on the left side to see the columns in your visual. THERE you can remove columns or change columns, including fixing this issue.

My condolences to anyone else having the misfortune of having to use this tool of torture.

ishazel_0-1687383010974.png

Thank you!

Yeah, this new interface is awful. Any way to go back? Is this some preview feature I turned on by accident?
greggyb
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Power BI will default to creating a date hierarchy for you when using a date field in a visualization. You can change this in the field options when you bring in the date field. For this and other (mostly localization) reasons, I'll often use a DisplayDate field that is a string formatted exactly as I'd like my dates to be shown.

Here are two screens showing how to change whether the date or hierarchy is displayed:

Capture-1.JPGCapture.JPG

ashishrj
Power Participant
Power Participant

@cuongle Follow steps as given below instead of selecting Date Hierarchy. And date format you can set it in model. Hope this helps !

Date_Hierarchy.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.