Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Relative Date Slicer Working

I connected live data using server so and here my issue in Default relative date slicer the future is data is predicted where i just need the date to be filtered for past and present date data , i even checked to filter the slicer but still there no option to exclude the next option .

sailochana_0-1701670001229.png

in below image atleast i could have able to set limit till today() it would be helpful 

sailochana_2-1701670001239.png

Still didnt solved .If u can suggest anything to solve this Kindly let me know .

Thank you .

@Thennarasu_R 

6 REPLIES 6
Villezekeviking
Helper II
Helper II

You can make use of my DAX Calendar that has offset-columns for days, weeks, months, quarters and years from today for any kind of relative date filtering!

You can for example set the offset of years between -3 and 0, that will have the last 3 full years including the current one.

-3 to -1 will be the last three years, not including this one.

-1 to 1 would be last year, current year and next year etc.

You'll find it here:
https://www.villezekeviking.com/dax-tables-calendar-and-time/

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you .

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

What is the actual problem?  What's the harm when users select a future date?

If this is important to you please consider voting for an existing idea or raising a new one at https://ideas.fabric.microsoft.com/?forum=2d80fd4a-16cb-4189-896b-e0dac5e08b41

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anonymous
Not applicable

The thing is there is no requirement of future data filtering in my report , and even as per my understanding the future data is on prediction basis , which might not be accurate one .

Main reason I just want to filter data using time period like year,month,week,day wise according to the user's wish 

Ex: last 5 days 

present day/week/month

overall year

(these filtering will help to analyse very specifically) .

Can you suggest any approach ??

My suggestion would be to ignore this part.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.