Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

GeorgeVepkhvadz
Frequent Visitor

Relationship for multiple columns (Most efficient Way)

I have huge dataset (over 30GB) and now I need to create relationship betwee two tables, one gas over 40milion rows and is increasing rapidly each month, the other is daily and has almost bilion rows.  

The issue is, I need to create relationship based on date and customer key.  (One is monthly, other is daily, so first I have to make daily date as start of month and then concatenate two columns and create relationship).  However, it became huge number, and is quite expensive for dax.  ( I tried to convert date to value and substract years of it, to make date number shorter, now it is 3 digits but soon will be 4).  Like this:  01/01/2022  = 100 ,  01/02/2022 = 131  etc.. 

But even like this I believe it is not optimal, is there better solution for this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@GeorgeVepkhvadz , Integer join works best for date you can integer in YYYYMMDD format

Year([Date])*10000 + Month([Date]) *100 + Day([Date])

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@GeorgeVepkhvadz , Integer join works best for date you can integer in YYYYMMDD format

Year([Date])*10000 + Month([Date]) *100 + Day([Date])

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.