Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Florcita

Refreshing takes too long

Hi everyone, im having trouble while refreshing my power bi report. One of the tables takes like an hour to refresh (its weight is near 500 mb).

Anyone knows which might be the solution?

Thanks!!

2 REPLIES 2
v-weiyan1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Florcita ,

@some_bih Thank you, for your quick response.
My additions are as follows.
Here are some strategies that may help reduce report refresh time:
1. Large data models and complex relationships may cause Power BI load data models slowly. Plesae refer to the following documentations on optimizing data models in Power BI:

Data reduction techniques for Import modeling - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Optimization guide for Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Optimize a model for performance in Power BI - Training | Microsoft Learn
2. You might consider scheduling refreshes to take place at a more free time, avoiding peak time periods that might overuse available resources.
3. Consider using DirectQuery/LiveConnect mode instead of import mode if the source data changes frequently or the data volume is substantial and the increased load in the source and impact on query performance is acceptable.
In addition, you can refer to the recommendations in the following documentation to establish and maintain a reliable data refresh process for the semantic model:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/refresh-data#best-practices 

Best Regards,
Yulia Yan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

some_bih
Super User
Super User

Hi @Florcita start with https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-performance-analyzer 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.