Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

BrendenS
Frequent Visitor

Refresh Issues in Workspace Only

Hello Community,

I have a dashboard that is connected to only two data sources, SharePoint and Azure Data Lake Gen 2 Blob Storage (through access keys).  This dashboard locally refreshes on the desktop app pbix file with no issues.  When the same dashboard is published to the premium capacity workspace the dashboard will not refresh successfully and returns an error with the Azure Data Lake table "AZURE_ERROR_MATRIX".  I have double checked the data source credentials and everything is connected correctly.

Any thoughts on what I may be missing?  I am running the latest version of PowerBI desktop. Other dashboards with the exact same design have no issues. Recently read there could be an issue with my M script? This is a new issue I have never encountered before, could someone explain if they agree?  Thank you!

Capture.PNG

Reference: Troubleshoot refresh scenarios - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

3 REPLIES 3
v-jialongy-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BrendenS 

Given the error message and the context, there are a few areas we can explore to troubleshoot this issue:

1. Data Source Credentials and Permissions: Even though you've double-checked the data source credentials, it's worth revisiting the permissions, especially for Azure Data Lake Gen 2 Blob Storage. Ensure that the service principal or the account used by Power BI service has the necessary permissions (Storage Blob Data Reader role at a minimum) on the Azure Data Lake Storage account.

2. M Script and Query Folding: Since you mentioned that there could be an issue with your M script, it's important to review if the query folding is happening as expected. Query folding is crucial for performance and successful refreshes, especially with large datasets. If certain transformations prevent query folding, it might lead to issues during refresh in the service. For more information on query folding, you can refer to: Query folding guidance in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

3.  Firewall and Network Configuration: If your Azure Data Lake Gen 2 Blob Storage has firewall rules or virtual network configurations, ensure that the necessary exceptions are in place for Power BI service. The Power BI service IPs might need to be whitelisted to allow access to the data.

Best Regards,

Jayleny

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

dcrow5378
Helper III
Helper III

Just curious, is your Gateway updated as well?

Have not checked recently but this model does not require gateway as all the data sources are in the cloud.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.