Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

maxanatsko
Regular Visitor

Recreate Excel formula with COUNTIF and MATCH

Hi there.

Is it possible to reproduce this formula from Excel in DAX somehow?

=if(countif(offset(B12;0;2;1;IFERROR(MATCH("No";E12:G12;0);9999));"No") >= 2;"Accepted";if(countif(offset(B12;0;2;1;IFERROR(MATCH("No";E12:G12;0);9999));"Yes") > 0;"In Progress";if(A12=9999;"In Progress";"Fix Required")))

Source data looks like this:

GradeStateTest Case IDTest Case ID (2)Test Name / Date04.03.201728.02.2017
2Fix Required288145898667Test Name 2NoYes
9999Accepted277857678656Test Name 2YesYes

And in pBI its unpivoted and transformed to look like:

ID - Test Name - Date - State

*Notice that dates order is left to right. New ones are going to end up at the left side.

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @maxanatsko,

You formula seems not match to your data, can you share the available sample data?

In addition, power bi contains the if and iferror function, you can simply convert them, but I haven't found the function which function match the offset function. 

For countif and match, you can try to use countax and search function.

Reference link: 

DAX Function Reference

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Here is an original data - doc

Hi @maxanatsko,

I can't find the function to replace the offset function, perhaps you can calculate in excel then get the result data to power bi.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

I'm no excel expert at all, but I pretty sure that countif, match, iferror and if exists in DAX with similar names. You should get to know the basics with powerbi check. 
It is so powerfull that i think you will success. Maybe the solution won't be the hole formula because you can relate tables and mix things in the visualizations, but would be possible.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.