Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

MarceloAguilar
Regular Visitor

Pro-Filtrar estados de ubicaciones según fecha específica-Filtering Location States by Specific Date

Hola! necesito ayuda con un problema,

Tengo una tabla que registra los cambios de stock de un almacén en cada una de las ubicaciones (o estanterías) dentro del mismo. Esta tabla incluye columnas que registran la fecha, la cantidad de unidades en cada ubicación, el estado en el que quedó la ubicación (vacía u ocupada) y posiblemente otras columnas relevantes. Un aspecto importante a considerar es que las ubicaciones pueden permanecer sin cambios durante varios días, lo que significa que puede no haber registros para algunas ubicaciones en ciertas fechas.

Al desarrollar mi tablero en Power BI, no encuentro dificultades para mostrar cómo estaba el stock en una fecha específica, ya que puedo traer el último valor registrado para esa fecha. Sin embargo, surge un problema cuando intento mostrar solo las ubicaciones que estaban vacías u ocupadas en una fecha particular. Al aplicar un filtro en Power BI, me muestra la última ubicación vacía u ocupada registrada, incluyendo aquellas que podrían haber tenido un estado diferente en el pasado.

¿Cómo puedo crear un filtro en Power BI que me permita separar las ubicaciones según su estado específico en una fecha determinada, sin incluir aquellas que pudieron haber tenido un estado diferente en el pasado?

Agradezco cualquier orientación o sugerencia sobre cómo abordar este problema en Power BI.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a table that records stock changes in a warehouse for each of the locations (or shelves) within it. This table includes columns that record the date, the quantity of units at each location, the state in which the location was left (empty or occupied), and possibly other relevant columns. An important aspect to consider is that locations may remain unchanged for several days, meaning there may be no records for some locations on certain dates.

While developing my dashboard in Power BI, I do not encounter difficulties in displaying how the stock was on a specific date, as I can bring the latest recorded value for that date. However, a problem arises when I try to display only the locations that were empty or occupied on a particular date. When applying a filter in Power BI, it shows me the last empty or occupied location recorded, including those that may have had a different state in the past.

How can I create a filter in Power BI that allows me to separate locations according to their specific state on a given date, without including those that may have had a different state in the past?

I appreciate any guidance or suggestions on how to address this issue in Power BI.

MarceloAguilar_0-1710082295822.png

2 REPLIES 2
v-yilong-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @MarceloAguilar ,

Have you solved your problem? If so, can you share your solution here and mark the correct answer as a standard answer to help other members find it faster? Thank you very much for your kind cooperation!

Best Regards

Yilong Zhou 

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

This is standard CDC (change tracking reporting).

You have one table that has the current status.  You have another table with the change events recorded, including timestamp, old state, and new state.

Based on these you can compute the status of any of the bins at any point in time. 

This is the same process you use for reconstructing opportunity history in Salesforce.com

Please provide sample data that covers your issue or question completely, in a usable format (not as a screenshot).

Do not include sensitive information or anything not related to the issue or question.

If you are unsure how to upload data please refer to https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-...

Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

Want faster answers? https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447...

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.