Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

emrei
Helper I
Helper I

PowerBI allocation model trough slicers

emrei_0-1716277301059.png

I have two tables in Power BI that I've combined, and I'm working on developing a dynamic allocation model. The goal is to use slicers or filters in Power BI to manually adjust the percentage allocations for suppliers related to specific parts, ensuring these percentages add up to 100%.

For example, if I filter the dashboard to show part A123, I want to be able to adjust the allocations for Supplier A, Supplier B, and Supplier C using dynamic slicers. Each slicer adjustment should directly update the total spend calculation for that part, which is based on the formula: forecasted kg amount * price * allocation percentage.

Is that possible?

3 REPLIES 3
v-yilong-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @emrei ,

I create two tables as you mentioned.

vyilongmsft_0-1716349277632.png

vyilongmsft_1-1716349312476.png

Then I create a measure and here is the DAX code.

Spend = SUM(T1[Allocations])*SUM(T1[Supplier Price($)])*SUM(T2[Forecasted Amount(KG)])

vyilongmsft_2-1716349422959.png

Best Regards

Yilong Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Yilong, but this is not exactly what I am looking for. Maybe I didn't do a good job with explaining the question. The allocatins column on the table is for reference only. However I want to determine the % on the powerbi report itself. Is there a way that I can use a slicer or something else to assign the allocations and explore various scenarios instead of giving an input table

Hi @emrei ,

Sorry, maybe I didn't understand you at first. According to your explanation, Allocations are the columns you want to get in Power BI, but I looked at your table carefully and I don't see any relationship between them and other table data. Can you give me more details about the logic of it?

Best Regards

Yilong Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.