Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

homboy27
Helper I
Helper I

PowerBI Slow refresh for some users

I have a powerbi report that we connect to sap hana to refresh. For some users it takes 40 minutes to refresh and for some users it takes 4 minutes to refresh. Does anyone know why this could be? All users have the latest 64bit PowerBI. Could it be something to do with their computer settings?

5 REPLIES 5
v-zhouwen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @homboy27 ,

Regarding your question, for users with long refresh times, please try refreshing when the SAP HANA load is low in order to confirm whether the long refresh times are due to a high load. Are all user privileges the same? Different permissions may result in different amounts of data. Computer hardware performance may also affect the Power BI refresh rate. Use the Performance Analyzer in Power BI Desktop to monitor report performance. Monitoring helps you understand where the bottlenecks are and how to improve report performance.

Monitor report performance in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

You can refer to the following link to reduce the refresh time:

Why is my Power BI refresh so SLOW?!? 3 Bottlenecks for refresh performance - YouTube

Incremental refresh for semantic models and real-time data in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Wenbin Zhou
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

All users have the same privileges. We also all have the same computer. Still doesnt make sense why its slow for some and fast for others. 

Hi @homboy27 ,

1.Users may have different applications or processes running in the background that consume different amounts of CPU, memory, and disk resources, which may affect the performance of Power BI. Try disabling software such as anti-virus.

2.Differences in network configuration or temporary network performance issues may still play a role. This includes differences in wired versus wireless connections, network congestion, or problems with specific network segments. Try using a wired connection and refreshing during staggered times to minimize load.

All users have the same applications and processes running the background and we all have the same network configurations. Any other issues that could lead to slow refresh for some users?

Hi @homboy27 ,

If you have a Pro license you can open a Pro ticket at

Power Platform admin center (microsoft.com)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.