Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

zan0n
Frequent Visitor

Power Bi won't connect to Postgres via ODBC anymore

As of last friday everything worked just fine. I been working on this PB for a while now and never had any trouble with it.
The project is live and can be viewed at the power bi web.
When i started working this morning i tried to make a new access to bring a different table, at this point power bi said my credentials were wrong and soon spread this error to all other tables that were working a minute ago.
I tested my ODBC connection with ODBC Administrator and it works.
I tried renewing and cleaning the global permissions but it still doesnt work. All other pc on my work network can still acess the DB via Power BI but i cant. 

1 REPLY 1
v-yifanw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @zan0n ,

Based on the information you have provided, the issue may be more closely related to Power BI or a specific environment on your computer. You can follow the steps below to troubleshoot and resolve the issue:

1. First try clearing the cache by navigating to File > Options and Settings > Options > Data Load and clearing the cache. After that restart Power BI Desktop.
  2. Since the error mentions incorrect credentials, try re-entering the credentials in Power BI.
  3. Ensure that Power BI Desktop is the latest version. Outdated versions may have compatibility issues.
  4. Ensure that the version of the ODBC driver installed on the computer is the same as the version on the computer that is connected properly. Different driver versions may cause compatibility issues. You can download the latest driver from here.

If you are still having problems after trying these steps, please provide more details to help diagnose the problem further:

• What is the exact error message you are receiving?
  • Have there been any recent changes in your computer environment (e.g., updates, new software installations)?

This information can help us better understand and resolve your problem.

Best Regards,

Ada Wang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.