Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

srpeters
Helper I
Helper I

Power Bi app refresh

Hello,

I have a power bi pro liscence which limits my automatic refreshing to 8 times a day. I read that even if I use Rest APIs I am still limmited to those 8 refreshes. What I am confused about is weather or not it is possible to force more than 8 refreshes programically after embedding my reports in a website/portal or by using Power Bi Embedded for Organization? Is there any other ways to force more than 8 refreshes without upgreading my pro liscence? 

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @srpeters ,

correct, with a Pro-Workspace, you can only refresh 8 times within 24 hours. If you do them via the REST-API or normal scheduled, doesn't matter, the limit is 8 refreses within 24 hours.

If I remember right, you can put the workshpace in an embedded capacity. Then you have to pay for the capacity in addition, but don't have the limit of 8 refreshes a day.

I think the best solution is if you go with a premium per user license. You don't have a refresh limit and it's not much more expensive than a normal Pro license.

If I remeber right, it's against the terms of service to use an embedded or test-capacity to avoid normal license limits. So I think legally that's not allowed. Maybe keep that in mind.

If you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

Blog: WhatTheFact.bi
Follow me: twitter.com/DenSelimovic

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @srpeters ,

correct, with a Pro-Workspace, you can only refresh 8 times within 24 hours. If you do them via the REST-API or normal scheduled, doesn't matter, the limit is 8 refreses within 24 hours.

If I remember right, you can put the workshpace in an embedded capacity. Then you have to pay for the capacity in addition, but don't have the limit of 8 refreshes a day.

I think the best solution is if you go with a premium per user license. You don't have a refresh limit and it's not much more expensive than a normal Pro license.

If I remeber right, it's against the terms of service to use an embedded or test-capacity to avoid normal license limits. So I think legally that's not allowed. Maybe keep that in mind.

If you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

Blog: WhatTheFact.bi
Follow me: twitter.com/DenSelimovic

I definitely do not intend on breaking their TOS, but I thought there could be more ways to get refreshes outside of the Premium liscence. Thank you for your insight and clarification!  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.