Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

srpeters
Helper I
Helper I

Power Bi app refresh

Hello,

I have a power bi pro liscence which limits my automatic refreshing to 8 times a day. I read that even if I use Rest APIs I am still limmited to those 8 refreshes. What I am confused about is weather or not it is possible to force more than 8 refreshes programically after embedding my reports in a website/portal or by using Power Bi Embedded for Organization? Is there any other ways to force more than 8 refreshes without upgreading my pro liscence? 

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @srpeters ,

correct, with a Pro-Workspace, you can only refresh 8 times within 24 hours. If you do them via the REST-API or normal scheduled, doesn't matter, the limit is 8 refreses within 24 hours.

If I remember right, you can put the workshpace in an embedded capacity. Then you have to pay for the capacity in addition, but don't have the limit of 8 refreshes a day.

I think the best solution is if you go with a premium per user license. You don't have a refresh limit and it's not much more expensive than a normal Pro license.

If I remeber right, it's against the terms of service to use an embedded or test-capacity to avoid normal license limits. So I think legally that's not allowed. Maybe keep that in mind.

If you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

Blog: WhatTheFact.bi
Follow me: twitter.com/DenSelimovic

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @srpeters ,

correct, with a Pro-Workspace, you can only refresh 8 times within 24 hours. If you do them via the REST-API or normal scheduled, doesn't matter, the limit is 8 refreses within 24 hours.

If I remember right, you can put the workshpace in an embedded capacity. Then you have to pay for the capacity in addition, but don't have the limit of 8 refreshes a day.

I think the best solution is if you go with a premium per user license. You don't have a refresh limit and it's not much more expensive than a normal Pro license.

If I remeber right, it's against the terms of service to use an embedded or test-capacity to avoid normal license limits. So I think legally that's not allowed. Maybe keep that in mind.

If you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

Blog: WhatTheFact.bi
Follow me: twitter.com/DenSelimovic

I definitely do not intend on breaking their TOS, but I thought there could be more ways to get refreshes outside of the Premium liscence. Thank you for your insight and clarification!  

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.