Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sailochanar
Helper II
Helper II

Power BI

Hey Mates ....

I have been trying to build a report where I'm stucked with a issue like month names are not in order ,even after sorting and tried many ways to sort ,by transforming data,adding new col,slicing blah blah ...still didnt yet solved.

Kindly suggest the solution.

sailochanar_0-1679980466767.png

Observe tht image where in X-axis month names are not in order .Thats the Issue ,I'm facing.

Thanks ..!

4 REPLIES 4
sailochanar
Helper II
Helper II

I splitted the month column which is filled with Jan'23,Feb'23....so on ,and added another column with Month_number and merged all three. still even after sorting with mnth number also it is not getting sorted . Please suggest a simple way if possible.

JorgePinho
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hello @sailochanar! Do you have a calendar table? If so my suggestion would be to have a numeric column of month year where, for example, dec23 would be 1223 and june23 0623. Then you can order the original column based on the numeric one.

Nope I just have month attribute ,Yeah I even created that as u said for Dec23-1223..But still the order is not sorted.(Splitting column ,conditions...) still not solved.

Can you explain how you sorted using that column that I suggested? Or maybe share the report

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.