Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

ICT_Engineer

Power BI and Teams Telephony

We are looking to implement Teams Telephony in the near future.  One of the things we need to do is get reporting similar to our old phone system.  

My initial thought is to use Graph Api to access the pertinent info.

My question is how do I get real time or near real-time reporting for the managers of their call groups?  Can I set an option within PowerBi to manually trigger pulling in new info?  I was thinking of using DataConnect but not sure if that is the best option.  I was also thinking a simple PowerAutomate workflow?

I intend to use GraphApi to get the info, and probably python to clean up the data.

What would be my best option to allow the call managers to view call metrics of their users?

2 REPLIES 2
ICT_Engineer

The first link refers to different options for using Odata or Direct Query.  Odata no longer works with Graph API and Power BI and I don't want to use Direct Query because I want to manipulate the data first.  So getting Odata to work with some sort of work around still isn't an option.

v-nuoc-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ICT_Engineer 

In response to your question, I have the following suggestions and observations:

You can try using the Graph API to get the data.

Solved: Pulling in Graph Microsoft api into powerbi - Microsoft Fabric Community

For real-time or near real-time reporting in Power BI, you can try:

Power BI's DirectQuery mode allows you to connect directly to a data source, ensuring that the visual objects in your reports are always up to date.

However, DirectQuery requires a data source that Power BI can connect to directly.

This may be a viable option if the processed call data is to be stored in a supported database or cloud data service.

Use DirectQuery in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Using Power Automate to trigger a refresh in Power BI is one possible approach.

You can set up a Power Automate stream that uses a graph API on a specific trigger to extract the latest call data, process it through a Python script, and then refresh the Power BI dataset.

Regards,

Nono Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.