Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

c_sagar_mehta
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Theme - Use Custom Fonts

Power BI Theme - Use Custom Fonts

many posts I saw they are asking for fonts to be installed in user system which is not a feasible solution. Is there a way we can upload the fonts on the Power BI server and same is rendered in the user side (Power BI Report Server) ?

4 REPLIES 4
Joe_Barry
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi @c_sagar_mehta 

Not that I know of, but you can choose the font in Power BI Desktop under View > Customise Current Theme > Text

Joe_Barry_0-1713188596005.png

Thanks

Joe

If you found my answer helpful and it solved your issue, please accept as solution

Hi Joe,

We are looking for custom fonts, we have installed the font in the Power BI Report Server (host) as well still it is not showing. as well if we apply any theme, it needs the client should also have the same font installed which is not a feasible solution.

Maybe try Export the JSON from the PBIX and add the Font manually to the file and import it again

this is done. but the concern here is when I publish a report with custom fonts. If the user system doesnot have custom font installed in user system, it doesnt work and render from the server, instead it defaults to Sergoi. Somehow Microsoft needs to help in rendering the theme fonts from the server instead of using the clients fonts. main concern is with Arabic fonts as it is combination of Arabic text and English Numbers.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.