Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Bhaskar1986
Frequent Visitor

Power BI. Need support

I want show zero for the week number were they dont have volume for the particular week in the line chart

6 REPLIES 6
Bhaskar1986
Frequent Visitor

I am sorry this suggestion is not helped me.

Bhaskar1986_0-1694845714029.png

This is for reference. I want to show the zero for the missing week. Here i am pulling the value as Activity name column which is string and i directly pulling the call in the Value field and it is automatically convert to count. This activity count is mapped with Week number column from calender table

Hi Dhairya, Thankyou for your kind support. Also for your quick reference i have attached the screen shot that the suggestion which is given to me is applied but still i am not getting the zero value for the missing week.

Note: The weeknum is pulled from calender_table which has relationship with Monthly_data table (Y-Axis). Where i do have the activity_Names which i pulled to show the count of activity in the line chart. So here when there is no activity count for a particular week in the Montly_data table that week in the calender_table(X-Axis) should show as zero.

Hope you understand the logic.

Bhaskar1986_0-1694870469779.pngBhaskar1986_1-1694870476753.png

Hey @Bhaskar1986 

Instead of plotting the Activity column directly, create the following measure and plot it

Number of Activities = COUNT('Table Name'[Activity name]) + 0
or 
Number of Activities = COUNTROWS(TableName) + 0

If still you are facing issues then please share sample input data and expected output. and if it works then please mark my solution as accepted and kudo the post so that others can find it quickly while facing a similar issue. Thank You!

Idrissshatila
Super User
Super User

HEllo @Bhaskar1986 ,

check this article about replacing blanks with zeros https://radacad.com/replace-blank-with-zero-in-power-bi-visuals-such-as-card

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, Appreciate your Kudos 👍

Follow me on Linkedin
Vote For my Idea💡

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

Actual soultion for my request is

CountofActivity = if(isblank(count('Monthly Data'[Activity Name ]))=TRUE,0,COUNT('Monthly Data'[Activity Name ]))

Thank you so much for your support and valuable time. Kindly suppor in future as well for all my queries. 

Dhairya
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hey @Bhaskar1986 

You can display zero by just adding  "+0" at the end of your measure.
For example you are plotting measure named "Total Volume"
where you can create measure as below
Total Volume = SUM(Table[volume]) + 0

This will add zero when record are null in particular week.

If this helps you then please mark my solution as accepted so that others can find it quickly while facing the similar issue. Thank You!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.