Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tommmy
Frequent Visitor

Power Automate Integration - ResourceNotFound

Hi all. I've been using the power automate integration in my reports for a while without any issues, however now I am unable to load the edit window from the visual options and the following error is displayed: "ResourceNotFoundThe specified resource does not exist."

I've tried all the basic steps of signing in and out and confirming the connection is still active on the Power Automate side, but no luck. For reference I am using version 1.1.5 of the power automate visual in the Feb 24 desktop release, others on the same version are also encountering the same problem, however my colleague using v1.1.17 does not experience the issue.

tommmy_0-1709626070822.png

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
FredTheBrain
Frequent Visitor

I logged a call with Microsoft and they said a mitigation has been deployed. I then went to my Chrome browser, cleared all browsing data (under advanced, left the passwords one unchecked) and can now edit my flow again from Power BI Service. The desktop tool is still an issue though...

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
ISDN
Frequent Visitor

I no longer have this problem.  New PA Visuals add and edit fine, existing edit fine.  From my POV, this has been fixed.

FredTheBrain
Frequent Visitor

I logged a call with Microsoft and they said a mitigation has been deployed. I then went to my Chrome browser, cleared all browsing data (under advanced, left the passwords one unchecked) and can now edit my flow again from Power BI Service. The desktop tool is still an issue though...

Thanks a lot, Fred. I just tested the edit option with existing and new PA visuals and the window loaded correctly in both the desktop and web apps. Seems we're back in business. Appreciate it!

Great, my desktop tool also works now! Probably just took time for update to filter down.

Thank you Fred !  Bulding on this for PBI Desktop, if you go to File > Options, under Global and in Data Load, clearing the caches will restore the Power Automate Visual edit function.  Not sure which cache clear did the trick, I cleared Data Management, Q&A and Folded Articfacts.  I'm assuming only Data Management was needed.

The application and the browser are working correctly. Thanks

ISDN
Frequent Visitor

Was using December 2023 PBI Desktop with Power Automate version 1.1.15, no longer works.  Updated to February release (Version: 2.126.1261.0 64-bit (February 2024)) with Power Automate Visual version 1.1.5, same problem.
Existing Power Automate buttons still work but cannot be edited, no new ones can be created.  PBI projects have halted.

Need this fixed urgently !

ISDN
Frequent Visitor

Found an extremely limited work around.  If an existing Power Automate Visual can be found in a previously saved PBIX or downloadable report, and its already attached to the correct flow needed in the new instance, it can be copied into the new instance to have it's values replaced with those required, which will work.  

valgof1

Exact same issue here, tried everything but it seems to be a problem for Microsoft to fix.

XinfulTraveller
Frequent Visitor

yes same issue here. was working ytd

Carl0sHele08

Same Issue

deevaker
Resolver I
Resolver I

Same issue. It was working fine till yesterday

Kburn

yes, please send help! Mine was working fine last week and stopped this week. 

AbhiGhibli96

I have the same issue in both Power BI desktop & Web.
It was working fine till last week.

AbhiGhibli96_1-1709735677915.png

mryznar
Frequent Visitor

Unfortunetely I have the same problem.

mounsifhanafiad
Regular Visitor

I have the same issue.

H_George
Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue

FredTheBrain
Frequent Visitor

I have the same problem, started today. Must be a service or version issue...

v-jianpeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @tommmy 

Based on the details you've provided, it seems like the "ResourceNotFound" error you're encountering might be related to the version of the Power Automate visual you're using. Since your colleague with version 1.1.17 of the Power Automate visual is not experiencing the issue, you can try the following steps:

1. You can try to update your Power Automate visual. Sometimes the new version of visual will fix related bugs.
2. You can create a new report and use Power Automate visual in this report to check whether it can be displayed normally to eliminate bugs in Power Automate visual.
3. Make sure that your Power Automate flow related parameters are set correctly and the requested resources exist. For the Power Automate troubleshooting process, you can click the link below and follow the steps in the document to troubleshoot.

Troubleshooting a cloud flow - Power Automate | Microsoft Learn
4. Make sure your version of Power BI Desktop is consistent with the version of Power BI Desktop of your colleague whose Power Automate is working properly.

If after updating the Power Automate visual the issue persists, could you provide more details about the specific steps you're taking when the error occurs? Additionally, knowing whether this issue is isolated to a specific report or if it's occurring across multiple reports would be helpful.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

Best Regards

Jianpeng Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for the response. I am running the latest version of PBI desktop so by default the Power Automate visual should also be up to date - downgrading to a release that contains the older 1.1.17 visual isn't an option. Regardless, this isn't just a desktop issue as the web experience generates the same error, suggesting the fault lies with the integration/current version of the power automate visual.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.