Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

LaviniaMO

Plot a graph with data from 2 different tables in BI (using a calendar table as the x - axis)

Hi guys, 

I wanted to plot a graph using data from two different tables in power bi, but using the same x-axis.

On the first table I have the columns [HOURS], [START DATE] and [Bi], that ends at january 2023, whilist in the second table I have the columns [TIME], [DATES] and [Bi], ending at march 2024. What I want to do is creating a graphic where I can visualize the cummulated sum of HOURS and TIME. (As you can see in the picture below, the HOURS column eventualy stops growing as it ends at 2023, while the TIME keeps growing)

image.png

I've created a calendar table in which I have dates from 2000 to 2050. I though I could use the [dates] column in this table as the x-axis, by creating a relationship between the tables ([dCalendar] --> [TABLE1] ---> [TABLE2]) however,for some reason the HOURS keep getting represented as if there was data up until 2024. How can I fix this? is there any other way to make this work?

Thank you!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
The8
Helper II
Helper II

2 REPLIES 2
The8
Helper II
Helper II

Hello @LaviniaMO 

Do through link below

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XrhH8JpZ1b5CeEF4Bzujr4rgt7U8flGL/view?usp=drive_link

The8_0-1714142427077.pngThe8_1-1714142461819.pngThe8_2-1714142493002.png

The8_3-1714142510709.pngThe8_4-1714142545401.png

Try with your data and let me know.

ToddChitt
Super User
Super User

Can you share a screenshot sample of your data from the tables in question? Also a screenshot of the relationship between them.

What is column [Bi]? What is column [TIME]? Is it the time of day? Are you dealing with DATE data type in the columns that form the relationships?

Did I answer your question? If so, mark my post as a solution. Also consider helping someone else in the forums!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.