Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

tlaresch2
Frequent Visitor

Phantom filter on Table Visual after removing a filtered field from Values and Visualization Filters

tldr; filtered a table on a field - removed the value and filter - that filter setting won't go away.

I have a small table visualization with four columns.  I filtered to a single row on the first column.  Then I added another column, which split that row in two (as expected).  Then I removed the first column from Values and from Visual filters.  The table remains filtered, continuing to show the two rows.  The "Filters and slicers affecting this visual" tool tip does not show this phantom filter.

Adding back the field that I removed does not help - its filter shows All, and using the newly re-added filter does not cause the phantom filter to go away.  Removing the new column does not help - it goes back to showing a single row, consistent with having the phantom filter in effect.

Working in Desktop Version: 2.100.684.0 64-bit (December 2021)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tlaresch2
Frequent Visitor

Self-resolved - my mistake.  I forgot I set the same filter in the Power Query.  Hopefully my error helps someone in a similar situation some day.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
tlaresch2
Frequent Visitor

Self-resolved - my mistake.  I forgot I set the same filter in the Power Query.  Hopefully my error helps someone in a similar situation some day.

Hi @tlaresch2 ,

If it is solved, then please consider Accept your answer as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Winniz

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.