Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

VenkatM

Percentage visual level filter not working as expected

I would like to get help on the following points on visual level filter on percentages.

1. I not able to filter using "is" and "is not". I am getting blank table when I apply filter with "is" or "is not" id if the percentage values are present in the table.

I have the measure example as Measure = DIVIDE(SUM(Sheet1[column1]),SUM(Sheet1[Sale Amount]),0)

Format is set to percentage and two decimal places.

2. filter value automatically changes to percentage. For example if I enter 1, the filter changes to 100%. Is there a way it will take the value as 1% instead of 100? 

Is there any suggestions on the above?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @VenkatM ,

Thank you for sharing this. Very annoying - but Power BI seems to be struggling to identify the number of decimals in the measure when using the 'IS' filter. So while we can it's to 4 decimal points i suspect somewhere behind the scenes it is registering more than that so it's not an exact match.

A work around is to create the column in Power Query first. Below is the code to create the column and set the decimals to 4.

johncolley_1-1687236009002.png

Then use this column in the table and set the IS filter to .8333 as you can see below it filters the table as required.

johncolley_0-1687235926133.png

If this answer solves your problem please mark it as a solution!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
VenkatM

Thanks for the information.

Is there any solution for the point number 1?

The rows are not still filtered for "is" and "is not" condition in visual level filter.

Using decimals here should work as well. If you are still having issues you might want to share some example data.

I have included some sample pbix file.

Please check the visual level filter set to 83.33% on one of the measure but it is not working.

You will see the data when the filter is cleared and notice that the 83.33% is present in the data.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19Brk1P9AaleGGgxt6DqE7dsK1nyKAeKt/view?usp=sharing 

Hi @VenkatM ,

Thank you for sharing this. Very annoying - but Power BI seems to be struggling to identify the number of decimals in the measure when using the 'IS' filter. So while we can it's to 4 decimal points i suspect somewhere behind the scenes it is registering more than that so it's not an exact match.

A work around is to create the column in Power Query first. Below is the code to create the column and set the decimals to 4.

johncolley_1-1687236009002.png

Then use this column in the table and set the IS filter to .8333 as you can see below it filters the table as required.

johncolley_0-1687235926133.png

John, Thanks for the help narrowing down the issue. This helped me.

I had some some complex measures for percentages. So I used measure for rounding and it worked too.
for example:
RoundMeasure = ROUND([Percentage Measure],4)

johncolley
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi Venkat,

The value is formatted as a % but Power BI still views it as a decimal value. 

For example if you want to filter the table to values of 75% you need to enter 0.75 if the filters menu. For 1% you'll need to enter 0.01.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.