Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

AJA21
Frequent Visitor

Percentage measure for MutliRow Card - Format as percentage

Hi

I created a measure to return a percentage of total fees billed by sub-category in my report

Percentage = DIVIDE(CALCULATE(SUM('Query 1' [Fees]), ALLSELECTED('Query 1'[Sub Category])),CALCULATE(SUM('Query 1'[Fees])))

It works perfectly except it's not formatted as a percentage.

For example it comes out as 6.87, I would like it to show 6.87%, if I use the format option in measure tools and select percentage it comes back as 687%

How do I get this to format properly?

Thank you!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AJA21
Frequent Visitor

I figured it out, I needed to divide by 100 and then format to percentage in measure tools, see below

Percentage = DIVIDE(CALCULATE(SUM('Query 1' [Fees]), ALLSELECTED('Query 1'[Sub Category])),CALCULATE(SUM('Query 1'[Fees])))/100

AJA21_0-1709512065596.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AJA21
Frequent Visitor

I figured it out, I needed to divide by 100 and then format to percentage in measure tools, see below

Percentage = DIVIDE(CALCULATE(SUM('Query 1' [Fees]), ALLSELECTED('Query 1'[Sub Category])),CALCULATE(SUM('Query 1'[Fees])))/100

AJA21_0-1709512065596.png

qqqqqwwwweeerrr
Super User
Super User

Hi @AJA21 

you can do this by create this measure

Percentage =
                    VAR TotalFees = CALCULATE(SUM('Query 1'[Fees]))
                     VAR SubCategoryFees = CALCULATE(SUM('Query 1'[Fees]), ALLSELECTED('Query 1'[Sub Category]))
RETURN
                       FORMAT(DIVIDE(SubCategoryFees, TotalFees) * 100, "0.00%")

Did I answer your question? if not please more details about data and problem statment
Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
Check for more intersing solution here: https://www.youtube.com/@letssolveproblem

Regards

The data is a set of dollar amounts, formatted as currency, I have multiple Query's in this report but this formula is only referencing one of those Query's, I haven't had any problems with other visualisations or summarisations of this data so I don't think it's an underlying issue with the data set. 

I'm not sure what else is useful to know. Let me know if there is other information that would help.

Thanks

Hi,

No unfortunately, using the same example above, this came back as 61823.65%.

Cheers

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.