Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Paginated Report not able to connect to Snowflake and Azure Databricks connector - March 2024 Update

Hi DEVs,

As we know, now we can connect 100+ data sources in PBI report builder after March 2024 updates

I was tring to connect with Snowflake and Azure Databricks through Get Data option in report builder and getting same error everytime.

Our PBI gateway connection is working fine in services and datasets are refreshing properly and the same I was trying in report builder then getting this permission error. 

FYI I am using report builder in Azure VM and I do have data source gateway connection access

LakshtSharma99_0-1712648813374.png

2 REPLIES 2
v-jialongy-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @LakshtSharma99 

Given the scenario you've described, here are a few steps and considerations to help troubleshoot and potentially resolve the issue:

1. Verify Gateway Configuration for Snowflake and Azure Databricks: Ensure that the Power BI Gateway is correctly configured for both Snowflake and Azure Databricks connections. This includes checking if the data source settings in the gateway are correctly set up and match the credentials and connection details used in the Power BI Report Builder. For Snowflake, you can refer to the documentation on Connect to Snowflake with Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn for detailed steps. 

2. Check Permissions on Snowflake and Azure Databricks: The permission error might be related to the access rights on Snowflake and Azure Databricks. Verify that the user account used for the connection has the necessary permissions to access the data sources and perform the intended operations. This might involve reviewing roles and privileges in Snowflake and access control settings in Azure Databricks.

3. Review the Error Message: If possible, could you provide more details about the error message you're receiving? This information can be crucial in pinpointing the exact issue. For example, does the error message mention specific permissions or roles that are lacking?

Best Regards,

Jayleny

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

As mentioned, our gateways are working as expected and PBI datasets are also refreshing fine. I do all all permission required though.

The error message is same mentioned in screeshot as well:

You do not have sufficient permissions for this data gateway. Please request permissions from the owner of the gateway.

Is it related to my Azure VM is not able to connect with gateway machine ? Some firewall blockage maybe not sure..

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.