Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PBI_Help_Seeker
Frequent Visitor

New Slicer - Whitespace Removal

Hello, I am having problems with the New Slicer providing too much whitespace in the bottom, even with word wrap turned on and all padding set to 0.

Below is a screen of what it looks like.  Granted, the text being used in the selection is long, but it is a requirement that it all be there (and it'd be an added bonus if I could separate out multiple lines, but that appears to always be cutoff with an ellipsis and is a problem for another day).

PBI_Help_Seeker_0-1711682892316.png

I have tried to change the vertical alignment (which I can no longer find) and multiple changes in rows, columns, grid, vertical, small text, button formats, etc. to no avail.  At the end of the day, I'd just like to have the text at the top (or middle is fine) of each button in New Slicer, with all text showing and no whitespace at the bottom.  If I shrink the box above vertically any more, the text disappears, but the whitespace stays.

For what it's worth, the values in the New Slicer are coming from a custom table (using datatable) with two columns and three rows.  The columns are ID (whole number) and Value (text).  Value is used in the Field of the New Slicer.

PBI Desktop March 2024

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yaningy-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @PBI_Help_Seeker 

Based on your description, you want the fields in New Slicer to display a little better. You can refer to the following method.

1. Select Center for Horizontal alignment in Value of Callout Values function in Format pane to centre the text.
vyaningymsft_0-1711940261052.png
2. Separate the text and add another column of text in the Label function.

vyaningymsft_1-1711940508818.pngvyaningymsft_2-1711940520245.png

If that doesn't suit your needs, you can submit an idea for here and the product team will take note of such a need.

Related Link: New tab (powerbi.com)

Best Regards,
Yang
Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly --  How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PBI_Help_Seeker
Frequent Visitor

Thank you, that worked out well enough for my current case.  I'll take a look at idea link for going forward.  I do want to note that Label only allows one additional field to work, so some edits of the text may be necessary to further shorten it

v-yaningy-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @PBI_Help_Seeker 

Based on your description, you want the fields in New Slicer to display a little better. You can refer to the following method.

1. Select Center for Horizontal alignment in Value of Callout Values function in Format pane to centre the text.
vyaningymsft_0-1711940261052.png
2. Separate the text and add another column of text in the Label function.

vyaningymsft_1-1711940508818.pngvyaningymsft_2-1711940520245.png

If that doesn't suit your needs, you can submit an idea for here and the product team will take note of such a need.

Related Link: New tab (powerbi.com)

Best Regards,
Yang
Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly --  How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.